Preventing Fires at Work – Knowledge and Good Maintenance.
Posted by Pardridge Insurance Agency, Inc. on
From the 6,500 daily fires that rage in our nation, more than 1,500 homes; 128 hotels, motels
and apartments; 195 stores, offices and restaurants; and 240 other businesses are destroyed.
Don’t let your business become a statistic. Everyone on your team has a part to play in fire safety.
Preventing fires can be simple. Fire safety takes knowledge and good maintenance. Does your team know…
1. Where fire extinguishers, hoses, alarms, phones, and exits are located?
2. Which extinguishing agents to use and how to use them?
3. How to sound a fire alarm and obtain fire-fighting assistance?
4. Where the designated meeting place is in case of a fire?
5. What type of conditions at your work site should be reported?
1. Overheating of materials and equipment.
2. Defective electrical equipment, or wiring in poor condition.
3. Leaking gas, solvents, oil, gasoline, etc.
4. All fire hazards which you cannot correct.
5. All sparking, arcing, and fire immediately.
CHECKLIST – Is your workplace fire safe?
1. Area all areas kept clean and orderly?
2. Are aisles, exits, and fire protection equipment free from obstructions?
3. Is the trash taken out regularly?
4. Are flammable liquids, oily waste, and paint soaked rags stored in approved safety cans?
5. Have all heat – fuel – air combinations been eliminated?
1. What fire hazards exist in our workplace? Have all fire hazards which we cannot correct been
2. How can we inform our team about fire safety in our workplace?
3. Are there any specific points or problems you wish to discuss?
For more questions, call us at Pardridge Insurance – 815-758-4447. We are an independent insurance agency, and are here to help you with protecting the things important in your life.